Sunday 14 January 2007

Jan 14th: 25/50 NL Heads Up...

OK so I was having a quick sesh on Champs playing a few 1000nl tables, one HU. This Italian dude catches a few cards early but after about half an hour I'm up 2 buy ins and he tells me he wants to play 5000nl with me, I'm like "no thanks". So I play a lil longer, little bit of banter when he tries another huge bluff, now obviously being "a total nut who calls any 3bet and calls down with bottom pair", as one of the big iPoker players so eloquently put it, your boy X is not a man to bluff, so I call with something and he loses again. Now hes tilting pretty bad I type in "25/50?"and its on....

He's bought in with 2k so I just buy in to cover (remember I don't even want to play 10/20 again until I have about another 50k...) we play and I win a lil off him noticing that he has changed from super aggro blufftard into a weak tight scared money type character. He reloads wins some back and after a few mins I'm back to the original 2k and he has around 4k, now I can't have this can I? I reload to 5K and start to get serious...

Anyway the match is basically over when I raise 65o to $175 from the button, both 5kish deep, he calls, flop comes 467, I bet $250, he reraises to like $650 so I call, turn brings a 6 he bets around 800 I call, not even sure I'm ahead as he is playing super nitty and I think he may have filled up, though a straight is more likely. River is a 5 giving me a boat, he bets $1200 with $1800 behind so I put him all in, he thinks for a minute, calls, SHIP SHIP 11k pot. ZOMG. He wins a couple of grand back with some sick beats and I finish around 6/7 up on him over the two tables.

So yeah, so much for not playing above 1000nl, but I figured if I lost 10k I'd just grind it back in a week and I was +++++++++EV. Unfortunately I can't get HH from Champs but it was the only high stakes game going this afternoon so a few rail artists prob watched it, car crash stuff.

Had quite a solid week. +$11,788.52. Still a long way off my monthly target of 41 large though after losing 7 Gs in my first week. 4.5 dimes up on the month, waaaaaaaaaaaay off the pace, its my last exam tomorrow afternoon though so hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of hands in this week and try and pick up the pace.

Im ghost yo,
Mr.X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent reading X, funny as. Give me a shout on MSN if you can, i'd like to chat about those betfair players! stackthemup@hotmail.com

Alex Ward said...

"Now hes tilting pretty bad I type in "25/50?"and its on...."

hahaha